Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'm All Blocked Up

I gotta say, I am all blocked up. Just nothing is getting out.

Yup, all blocked up. Intellectually blocked up, that is. There ain’t nothing getting out of this brain any time soon.

You see, it is time for me to renew my cell phone contract and get a new phone. A new phone is good, I just can’t decide what kind I need. I should say want, I don’t know what kind I want. I know what kind I need, one that makes phone calls – unfortunately I am pretty sure that is the only kind of phone I don’t want.

Part of me wants a smart phone, like a blackberry or something. I know a guy that has one and he does all kinds of cool stuff with it. If I had one I could do cool stuff with it too, but I probably wouldn’t. But I could if I wanted to.

So yeah, I could get one of those but then I would have to pay for data service and that is expensive. Besides, I already surf the internet too much. Most importantly though, they are HUGE. Pull my jersey over my butt and into my back wheel HUGE. That’s the last thing I need, a huge phone bump’n around over my huge ass when I ride my bike. But then, I could do some cool stuff.

So I might want a smaller phone. A phone that wouldn’t weight down a cycling jersey and pull it into my back wheel. But then I couldn’t do some cool stuff. Not that I would do cool stuff if I could do cool stuff, but it would be cool to know that I could do cool stuff if I wanted or needed to do cool stuff.

Also it would be nice if I could show other people that I could do cool stuff if I wanted to do cool stuff, but I am so cool I am above doing cool stuff. You know, I could go to Starbucks and hangout with the other Prius driving, fixed gear riding, north end living, organic food eating, phone that can do cool stuff owning hipsters.

Honestly, I don’t really even need a phone so much as I need a camera. A camera with a phone attached incase I need a phone. I wonder if they have one of those? But on the other hand, I really would like to be a hipster, and a smart phone would be cheaper than a hybrid or living in the north end. I could probably get a fixed gear for less than a phone though.

So you can see, I am all blocked up with intellectual indecision.

No comments: