Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Gargamel's Revenge

I got a catalog from Cabela’s the other day. They are the ‘Worlds Foremost Outfitter’ you know.
I don’t really know what that means, but there it is.

So always needing to be outfitted, I sat down to see what the foremost could do for me. I didn’t get far in before I came across this picture…


WTF?

What exactly is going on here? A guy in his underwear, holding a gun. Not just any gun, a blue gun. Boy, I tell you - that makes me want to buy some underwear – and a blue gun.

So I guess the guy heard a noise, woke up, and went outside to check it out – with his blue gun.
Maybe he didn’t just wakeup though, it looks like he had time to put Brill Cream in his hair (A Little Dab’ll Do Ya) – but he hasn’t had time to shave yet.

Or maybe that is just how the dude dresses when he goes hunting. Look at his steely eyes, he looks braced for a day of intense and challenging hunting. Hunting Smurfs. What else would you hunt with a blue gun.

I can see it is engraved on the stock – ‘Gargamel’s Revenge’. No, not really – I made that up.
Nevertheless, it is clearly a Smurf hunting gun. Stained blue with the blood of countless Smurfs. How else would you make a gun blue?

So maybe you hunt Smurfs in your underwear (and socks). It is quieter, and Lord knows, you must be quiet to catch a Smurf. Yup, that’s what is going on.

One more thing. Note the underwear bottoms are ‘drawers’. Not bottoms. Not pants. Drawers. I’m not sure what distinguishes drawers from pants, but I am guessing it is important when it comes to hunting Smurfs.

Cabela’s is indeed foremost – whatever that means.

No comments: