Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Stroking My Ego

You may recall that a while back I hooked up a blog tracky thingy to my blog so I could answer people when they asked me how many people read my blog. Well actually I hooked up several. The code behind my blog is littered with trashy little tracky thingies.

I know, you don’t care. Honestly, I don’t either – that’s why it is all still there. Well I do care a little bit – that’s why I am going to delete the little red map thingy down to the right. It pretty much sucks ass.

So anyway, I have these tracking tools. Don’t worry, I don’t know who you are. In fact, I still can’t answer the question that I set out to investigate at the beginning – you know, the one about how many people read my random thoughts. One day there were over a hundred. Another day there were none. I think the real number is somewhere in the middle.

I have discovered a few things that do stroke me ego a bit. Like I need it. I am great. I am fit. Share the road.

First, that if you google ‘Sexy Cyclist’ apparently somehow you can get to my blog. It’s probably down on page 32 of the results or something, but apparently it can be done. It worked for someone. I am going to take this as an indicator that yes, I am indeed sexy. Google said so. Google knows everything.

Second, and more importantly, if you google ‘Do Cyclists Wear Underwear’ – my blog comes up on the first page. Well, the first page for me anyway. Google does know everything. Probably enough to custom tailor my search results for me, and yours for you. Anyhow, I think this is indicative that I am now a worldwide expert on cycling and underwear – and that kind of cracks me up. Yup, when people seek knowledge of bikes and underwear they get me. How nice is that?

Wednesdays tool – the little red map thingy. Over there -> and maybe down a bit. Enjoy it now because I will soon be liberated of its suckiness.

1 comment:

Brent said...

A survey reveals you are missing 100% of your office readers... all of which aren't in your stats. You may need to syndicate your feed through feedburner to capture your blossoming RSS audience.