Friday, June 19, 2009

North Korea Shooting Dongs

My bicycle related life has been somewhat less than funny lately, so I have had to resort to other things (like fishing) to fill my blog. I am sure that something funny and bike related will happen soon, maybe when I actually start riding my bike again, but for now there is various other stupidity.

I found this link on my google homepage. No, I don’t make a habit of reading the Christian Science Monitor. Obviously.

So apparently North Korea is going to shoot some missiles at Hawaii soon. Not to worry, it is just a test. You know, a test to see if they can actually hit something they are aiming at. Huh, that’s a little disturbing. Especially if you live in Hawaii, you know, the place where that Pearl Harbor thing happened. I bet they still remember that one.

Here is my favorite part of the article “Analysts say North Korea has little to gain from shooting test missiles at the United States”. Um, ok. You think? Ugh, I mean really – no shit. It’s kind of like mixing dancing with the stars and the biggest loser, nothing good can come of it.

I also liked the fact that ‘dong’ is included in the name of the missiles. An article about Korea shooting dongs at Hawaii, now that is something I want to read. The CSM should work a little on their headline writing.

Apparently news of the test “is making some people edgy”. More expert analysis. Of course having dongs shot at you is going to make you edgy.

Don’t worry, I am going to start riding my bike again soon. Happy Friday.

No comments: