Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I Am Fit. I Am Great.

All of the funniest stuff is true. The really best stuff is when you can relate to the object of humor through personal experience. It’s like the old axiom ‘He who smelt it dealt it’. Yes, to truly realize some things you have to have dealt it.

A friend sent me this the yesterday. I thought it was funny yesterday. I think it is funnier today.
I was driving to work this morning and I see the car in front of me has vanity plates. I hate vanity plates, but you know, I have to play the game. I get a little closer and read ’42 mpg’. Who the hell puts there gas mileage on their license plate? If you do, do you use the city or highway mileage? Or maybe you split the difference? Does that guys car really only get 41 mpg, but that plate was taken?


So I change lanes and pull up alongside. I wanted to see who the hell puts their cars gas mileage on their license plate. As I do so, I think ‘you want mpg, get a bike dude’, yup, that’s what I am thinking.

I get up alongside and look over. I am thinking… ‘I am fit’. Then ‘You are fat’. Then ‘You are lazy’. I keep driving ‘share the road’.

Hmm. Who is the tool here? I am afraid I know the answer.

2 comments:

Tom said...

As I read this I was picturing you on a bike pulling up to check out the driver with the vanity plate. Then went back and read "driving to work". Then I thought "Huh, who is this random guy with a cycling blog writing about driving to work? I am fit..." ;-)

Mike said...

touche' I have issues.