Monday, June 22, 2009

All About the Speed

I rode my bike to work today for the first time in about two weeks. I was hoping that something classic would happen because I have been having trouble coming up with stuff to blog about.

I new today would be a rich one when I found a cd in the first quarter mile. Sweet. This one will complete my second box set.

So I stop to pick up the cd, and then continue rolling to work. Rolling to work with a little bit of anticipation for what I might discover on the latest addition to my box set.

The cd was good, but it didn't prepare me for what I came accross next. A new sign. Here it is in all its glory...



I have to admit, I have never seen a 'Speed Hump' sign before. It made me think of rabbits. I don't know why, but it made me think of rabbits.

I'm not sure if the sign is a recommendation (speed hump here), an advertisement (speed humps available), or a warning (speed humps are dangerous). I would like to think it is a recommendation, but there are like three of them on the street - thats a lot of speed humps in a mile. I'm not sure if I could do that.

Since I was confused and didn't see anyone else around I just took the picture and kept going. I hope I didn't violate a law or something.

In all seriousness, I am sure that there is an engineer somewhere that has the design specifications that would tell me when a speed bump turns into a speed hump. Not having an engineer around I am guessing about 3 minutes. Yeah, after 3 minutes a speed bump turns into a speed hump.

Anyway, when I got to work I put the cd in and discovered the musical stylings of 'Swolen Member'. Jeez, I guess.

Really, I didn't make that up.

Life is much more rich when I ride my bike to work.

1 comment:

Brent said...

Dude. The Weekly is gleaning your blog for content: http://www.boiseweekly.com/Cobweb/archives/2009/06/29/humpty