Wednesday, June 10, 2009

If a Tree Falls...

I get asked a lot how many people read my blog. The honest answer is that I don’t really know. I imagine some days it is none. I imagine other days it is something more than that. I decided that I would try to find out.

I saw this hit mappy thingy on a friends blog once and I thought it was kind of groovy. I went to google and found a number of varieties. Most of them are free if you agree to let them pimp their blog on your blog – that is kind of lame, but I guess it is better than paying right?

So I choose one and sign up. I install the secret code into my blog. I get a pretty map. A pretty map with no hits. Wow, I’m a loser. If you write a blog and no one reads it, do you really exist? I’m not sure.

I am pretty sure some people read my blog though, because we talked about the content. So I go to look into my hitty mappy thingy and why I am not getting any hits. Turns out that it only compiles your data and displays it when it feels like it. It is supposed to update once a day, but sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes it’s a few days. Sometimes it updates a few days at once. Sometimes it just misses days. Now that is a nice system. I guess you get what you pay for.

I installed another one today. That’s why I have two mappy thingies. Someday I will take one of them away, but that day is not today. Wednesdays tool is one of the mappy thingys. You choose which.

No comments: