Friday, April 17, 2009

Building Time

I am building. Building to my comeback to the world of bike commuting. I stopped a month or so ago when I converted my commuting bike to my ghetto tt bike. I went the entire month of March without riding my bike to work a single time – the first such month in at least 6 years. So it goes.

So I am determined that next week will mark my triumphant return. I am determined because the price of gas is going back up. I am determined because riding 3 times a day was good training. I am determined because I am running out of things to write about on my blog.
So next week I will ride through the peculiar zone. Share the road with yellow jacket guy. Maybe see Lance Armstrong look alike guy. Maybe race against greenbelt racer guy. Smell the poo smell as I ride past poo island. Make fun of fixed gear hipster guy. Yell at dog on extendo leash lady, and huge stroller lady. Perhaps even see camouflage bike kit guy peeing on the greenbelt, or even not so smart guy smoking a doobie on the greenbelt. Probably flip someone in a car the bird.

Who knows, I could even run into another angry cyclist. I can’t wait.

No comments: