Monday, March 1, 2010

I Don't Hang Out at Coffee Shops Either


Somebody told me once that beauty is only skin deep.

I’m just saying.

Speaking of things that are ugly on the inside I took my son to McDonalds the other day.

Yes. Sometimes I go to McDonalds. And that’s ok.

(Sometimes I enjoy watching TV. That’s ok too. Sometimes I buy stuff at WalMart. Yes, that’s ok as well. I don’t like the Toyota Prius, I didn’t even like it before they started having problems stopping. Oh yeah, and that’s ok. Not liking Toyota Prius is ok. I also don’t like the city bus, in fact I dislike them. They get in the way when I am driving with Hitler, and they somehow sneak up behind me when I am on my bike. I don’t really like Jack Johnson, but I do like Rob Zombie. And that’s ok. I don’t hate Marilyn Manson either. I’m not sure if that is ok or not.
Now that I have made myself a social leper, I may as well admit that I don’t belong to the Co-Op. I do have an REI membership however. And that’s ok. The only thing I like about WinCo is their pizza. And that’s ok. Finally, I don’t like to spend my free time drinking beer at the Bitter Creek Ale House, or the Table Rock Brew Pub. And that’s ok.)


So anyway, I am rocking through the McD’s drive-through and I notice the guy in front of us is paying with change he is digging out of the cup holder, and the cracks in his seat. That’s a little annoying, you know, because it takes for freaking ever. Mix in some plastic bro – my son wants his freaking happy meal.

About the time I am thinking that I would pay for his food if he just got the hell out of the way I notice that the dude is wearing a surgical glove. Not two gloves mind you, just one. I’m thinking, well yeah, those cup holders can get pretty grungy. But I think this guy is afraid of actual physical contact with the McD’s employee.

Dude slips the glove off after payment, but I notice is extremely careful not to make contact when he receives his food bag. Whoa, you don’t see that very often. Weird. I think I would be more concerned about what is going on inside, than, you know, the drive through attendants hands.

But that’s just me.

No comments: