Thursday, March 25, 2010

Trikking?

So I was rolling back from a nooner yesterday and I - I mean a noon time ride. Yeah, I was on my way back from a noon time ride, a noon time bike ride, when I saw these people rocking down the gb on some of those stand up trike gizmos.

When I say rocking, I mean rocking as in back and forth – you know, the trikes are one of those things that move forward when the rider moves side to side? Like those skate boards that only have 2 wheels? The ones with the wiggly bastards on them?

So yeah, there they are rocking about 4 feet from side to side for every foot they moved forward. I love it when people weave back and forth on the gb.

At least these people weren’t going very fast. I think I saw a guy with a walker pass them. It may have been because of the wind. The headwind was a bitch yesterday.

Anyway, I was able to squeeze past by zigging when they were zagging.

I did a little googling because they surely have a name besides standy uppy trike gizmos right?

Turns out they are called Trikkes. Yup, one k wasn’t enough. Check out the video…



Um, yeah.

Wiggling is for strippers and those guys that hold the clearance signs on sticks – not for propulsion.

I will admit though, it does look kind of fun. Fun until, you know, you hit something. Hit something like this guy who apparently got scared and forgot to wiggle…



“you’re not going to cry are you?” Excellent.

No wiggling? Broken wrist? There goes that guys career as a sign wiggly guy. He had the look too.

Damn, such a waste.

My googlethon also turned up this - which is largely unrelated but just too good not to share. I particularly like the sexy in the city part...



Because what could be sexier than wrestling a 3 wheeled weed wacker through the city.

No comments: