Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Eff

In my sons 1st grade class there is an assignment where each kid was assigned a letter of the alphabet and the kid needs to write a few sentences using a bunch of words that start with the letter they were assigned. Why did my son get assigned F?

Speaking of eff, I have been running on the treadmill a bit lately. I actually like running on a treadmill because it gives me a little more control of the suckitude.

No, that’s not right. It actually takes away the suckitude control from me and gives it to the machine. And that is what I like.

See, on the treadmill I can pick my level of suckitude and it holds me to it. The dirty bitch. So yeah, there I am running along thinking it sucks. Over time it feels like it sucks more. After a while it feels like I must be at level suckitude +1, or maybe even suckitude+2 – but really I am still just running at the original level of suckitude. If I were running outside or riding my bike I might accidentally slow down to maintain the original level of perceived suckitude, thereby robbing myself of the level of actual suckitude that I want to maintain. On the treadmill though, I am forced to maintain the same level of suckitude. Get it?

Yeah, I know, it’s effed up. I guess what I mean is that if I slow down on the treadmill I will crash. Crashing on a treadmill would suck. Especially in public.

At least my son didn’t get assigned the letter s. That would have sucked. Literally. At least once. I would have sucked. Which I guess in first grade is probably better than the f word alternative. Oh man, I need some help.

The bike riding equivalent of the treadmill would be like if your wheels popped off if you dropped below a certain speed. Talk about suckitude.

I think it will be ok. My sons eff paragraph I mean. He does have a way with words. He made this for a girl at Valentines Day...



Yes, he does have a bit of swagger for a 6 year old.

Usually when I say 'I don't know where he gets it' I'm lying. I have an idea where he might have gotten it, but this time, this time honestly - I don't know where he gets it.

No comments: