Friday, March 12, 2010

Number 3

So my GPS, Rico, started working again the other day.

It seems that I may have been a bit premature in declaring the electronics rapture. It was more like an electronics sabbatical.

Speaking of coming back to life I saw Dale Earnhardt on my way home yesterday…

So there I was,

(you have to start all stories with ‘so there I was’ – in case you didn’t know)

So yeah, there I was, rolling home down Chinden through GC. Just me and Hitler. I see the number 3 Monte Carlo in front of me. Whoa, its not every day you see Dale Earnhardt. He was rocking Elmore County plates.

That answers that question.

You know, the one about where you go if weren’t such a good person in life.
Not to pass judgment on Dale Earnhardt mind you, but I just can’t imagine that Mountain Home is in heaven. Or Glenns Ferry for that matter.

Anyhow, I know I have to get a picture or no one will believe me. So I look to make a move to the outside – there’s no room, but I did notice that he has been “rubb’n” some other cars on that side. I’m not surprised, because, you know, if you ain’t rubb’n you ain’t rac’n.

After looking outside I go inside. I learned that from Cole Trickle in "Days of Thunder". Not to be confused with the real car racer Dick Trickle.

Or actually maybe it was Ricky Bobby in "Talledega Nights". Yeah, I think it was Ricky Bobby.

There I am inside and I pull up alongside to take pictures. I’m a little nervous you know – because he is The Intimidator. So here it is. I know the picture sucks but it’s hard to take pictures when you are racing.





Nice. And I thought the ‘rest in peace #3’ stickers were too much.

No comments: