Thursday, May 7, 2009

Rocking the GB

Mules are big, but I am fast, so I was pretty sure I could make it. I had the angle too, but the mule didn’t back off – he wasn’t gonna make it easy. We made eye contact, and with it we had an understanding. He was going to try and run my lycra clad butt into the ground. That was the understanding.

We were converging at a high rate of speed when a rider appears coming straight at us in the other direction. This makes the cheese more binding. Again, eye contact, this time with the rider coming at me. He smirks and gives me the Chicago nod. You know, the one where you nod up instead of down.

I blast by in front of the rider coming one way and slip in just in front of the converging mule. Stupid Boise Parks guys in their mules anyway. They think they own the greenbelt. Bitches.
By the way, is greenbelt one word or two? Both? Eff –it, I’m rolling with gb from now on. How very hip and texty of me.

So yeah, that was on the gb by the fireman memorial where the little dirt path connects. That was the highlight of the commute, but definitely not the only excitement yesterday. It’s definitely ‘Game On’ on the gb. Everyone is out in force. Doublewide stroller lady is there. Singlewide stroller lady is there with her two best friends on either side. Extendo leash dog guy is out too. Yellow jacket guy traded in the jacket for his obligatory neon yellow jersey, but he is rocking on the gb too. Fisherman with fishing poles swinging everywhere? Yup, he is there too. I even got yelled at by smartass teenage girls who loiter on the docks at Quinns Pond, or Bob Rice Pond, or Clocktower Pond, or whatever the hell you want to call it. One of my co-workers even crashed into a pedestrian on the gb yesterday. Excellent.

With the warming weather the masses have returned. Thank God, I was getting tired of writing about stuff I found on the road.

No comments: