Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Bike With No Name

Rolled to work this morning singing ‘Fred Bear’ by Ted Nugent. I know, why the hell would I sing about some dead bow and arrow guy while I ride my bike to work? Because it was stuck in my head, that’s why.

Got stuck there the other day when I listened to a cd I found on the road. It’s the first cd of my next box set. After ‘Fred Bear’ comes some Alien Ant Farm, some Kenny Chesney, some 50 Cent, some David Allan Coe, some Eminem, House of Pain, George Jones, DMX, and my personal favorite – ‘Beds Are Burning’ by Midnight Oil. It is all a little bit eclectic. Eclectic in a mind numbing sort of way. Eclectic is how you say bipolar in hipster talk.

Someday I should have a party and only play the music that I picked up off the road. It could be a roadside junk party, everyone would have to bring something they got off the road to get in. That would be very green of me – cleaning up the planet and all. It would be sweet. But no one would come. I bet if I had free beer I could get a few of my virtual friends to come, but that may be kind of awkward. Maybe I could have a bounce house too, then the neighbor kids would come. Free beer, a bounce house, my virtual friends, the neighborhood kids (no beer for them), and maybe a skinny bike racer or two. Now that would be eclectic.

Actually free beer and a bounce house at the same party might not be so good.

Speaking of bipolar, I want to tell you a bit more about my commuter bike. The mix cd could be my Wednesdays tool. So could the Dire Straits cd I found. I could also write about the 3 cents I found (cha ching, cha ching, cha ching). I could also write about the quarter I saw but couldn’t pick up – but I am burning to tell you about my commuter bike. The bike with no name. But that is going to have to wait…

No comments: