Monday, October 5, 2009

Ties Ribbons To Bushes Guy

It’s the time of year when I don’t ride my bike so much and do other things more. You may have noticed that the last several days I didn’t do any blogging. You probably didn’t notice, but you may have. Its ok if you didn’t, but you probably should have.

So anyway I took a little blogcation and did some other stuff. Two days last week I walked around in the woods with my gun. Actually I only walked around in the woods with my gun one day. The second day I walked around in the woods without my gun because, well, I didn’t need it anymore.

OK, to be completely honest I may be exaggerating the walking around part a little bit too. See, my old man procured a new 4-wheeler – so now he has a matching set. Being old, he is more fond of riding said 4-wheelers around than walking. So yeah, deferring to him I drove around a lot with my gun and walked a little bit with my gun. The second day I mostly just rode around without my gun and got off to pee every once in a while.

It was a good time in a ‘spending time with the old man’ kind of way, but not so much in the ‘walking in the woods with a gun’ kind of way.

Have you ever seen those Family Circus comics? The ones where the kid is somewhere and he says ‘I bet I am the first one to ever be here’ – but there are little ghost dudes representing all the different people who have been there through time? I feel like that when I walk in the woods sometimes. Especially when I walk in the woods with my gun – cause I usually don’t walk on trails – just walk where ever.

Every time I feel that way though (like I am the first one to be someplace) I look around and see little pieces of ribbon tied to bushes. Dooouuuugggghh, that damn ‘tie ribbons to bushes guy‘ has already been here. The bastard. I really don’t get it. He has tied some ribbons in the damndest places. Pink ones, orange ones, yellow ones, even striped ones. Dude either likes to support a lot of causes in obscure places or has some secret government job. Makes sense to someone. Someone isn’t me.

Know what else doesn’t make sense to me? Went to the gym today (other things). Saw a guy riding the exercise bike wearing bike gloves (to protect his hands?) and flip flops on his feet. Yeah, seriously. Bike gloves and flip flops. WTF?

No comments: