Thursday, October 29, 2009

Running?

I have always contended that running is a survival skill, not a sport. That is, until last Friday. See, last Friday I discovered that running may not be a survival skill, rather I think that running may be a method of committing suicide. It still isn’t a sport.

I realized this when I saw an enormous woman ‘jogging’ on the gb last Friday. I am pretty sure she was going to keel over. It was like one of those moments like on ‘The Biggest Loser’ where one of the enormous people collapses. Just like that. Only this woman hadn’t collapsed. Yet. It was going to happen, there was a kind of miasma about the gb that day.

Look! I used the word miasma.

I love ‘The Biggest Loser’. It is probably my favorite show. That and Phineas and Ferb. I would say that I like it because it makes me feel better about myself watching the large ones exercise, but that isn’t true. I know it isn’t true because watching the large ones work out while I sit on my butt and eat makes me feel somewhat like a toad. I would say that I like it because Jilian Michaels is hot, but she’s not. In fact she kind of scares me. Scares me right through the tv.

Anyway, yeah, I am rocking down the gb the other day and see this enormous woman just killing herself. Death by running. She was probably a code 4-0-0. You don’t see that every day.

What made it really interesting was the camera crew with her. Yeah, one guy with a fancy video camera on a stick kind of running in front of her and another guy running beside her shouting instructions.

Please note, I am using the term ‘running’ loosely here. Very loosely.
So I role up behind this little running circus. So do is this a situation where I need to yell ‘on your left’? Should I just ride past? Should I shout encouragement? Should I say the first thing that comes to mind? No, no not that one. I was on camera after all.

I just rode past and tried to look cool, well as cool as you can when you are wearing spandex.

No comments: