Thursday, October 22, 2009

Simplification

I am totally simplifying. I deleted my twitter account. I deleted all the mail in my email inbox. I deleted some crappy music off my hard drive. I even deleted a facebook friend.

Don’t worry. It wasn’t you. Well, I mean, It probably wasn’t you. If it was, well, sorry about that – I don’t really like you.

It was all quite liberating. I feel so free and untethered. Actually that isn’t true, but I do feel less tethered. You should try it (except delete someone else, not me).

Its going to give me at least 30 extra seconds every day. Seconds I will spend riding my bike, because riding my bike makes me a better Mike. And every second counts – Lance Armstrong taught me that.

Anyway, I was thinking about retiring from blogging. You know, to remove the incredible burden that it is for me to be a sarcastic smart ass. It really is a stretch you know.

So yeah, I decided to retire – but not before I reach an all important egotistical goal. I need to complete my little mappy thingy. It shows all the countries that have someone who visited my blog. I realize that most of the people accidentally visited my blog when they were searching for cycling underwear, and then quickly left – but I am ok with that. In fact, it kind of cracks me up.


I will retire when I get a visit from all those countries that I don’t have one for yet. Quick, someone go to Africa! Or at least someone go to South Dakota and visit my blog – I don’t have any visits from there either. They do have internet there don’t they?

Yep. Fill up the map and that’s it. At least until something ticks me off and I need to vent.

No comments: