Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Here We Go Again

So last week Ada County Highway District commissioner Sarah Baker accused her fellow commission members of being Stalin.


Here we go again.


Whats with the politicians playing the communist card whenever they feel they have been wronged? I mean seriously, its not 1980 anymore. A few things have changed. A few people obviously have not.

OK, to be fair Baker didn’t flat out call her coworkers Stalin. She said “You know, I am not accusing anyone here of being Stalin, but this is exactly what Stalin did during his reign”. Wow. You know, if you ever start a statement by saying ‘I am not …’, and then follow up with ‘BUT…’, you are most definitely saying ‘…’. Yeah like, I am not saying Sarah Baker is a wanker, but, her behavior is very much wanker-like. See how that works?

So anyway, she is a bit miffed because her name was left off a plaque on the new Park Center bridge. The bridge that was dreamed up 20 years ago. The bridge that has been debated and battled for the last 10 years. The bridge that was under construction before Sarah Baker was elected. Yeah, that bridge.

Somehow she thinks that her name not being on the bridge is falsifying history. Like Stalin. I am no expert, but I think Stalin made people disappear and then erased evidence of them ever existing. Maybe its just me, but that isn’t quite the same as not putting someones name on a project that they had nothing to do with – in fact, putting someones name on a project they didn’t participate in may even be the opposite.

Wait, I’m confused. Who is Stalin here?

Ugh. I am not saying someone should just quit, but there are plenty of other things to do. You know, listen to ’99 Luftballoons’. Watch ‘Red Dawn’. Read some Tom Clancy. And then maybe you can make your hair poofy. Especially in front...

I'm just say'n

No comments: