Monday, September 21, 2009

Snake River Handicap

As a bike racer if you lose your will to suffer, you pretty much got nothin.

Saturday I lost my will to suffer. I lost it somewhere between the steep hill and the field of goat-heads at the end of the first lap. The next couple laps I went as fast as I could without, you know, suffering.

Near the end of lap 3 I ran out of water so I stopped where I saw some friends out on the course. They offered me beer - or water.
Two roads diverge in a field of goat-heads.

Me? I chose the one less travelled.

I may not have won the race (or even finished), but I am pretty sure that I am the only one who stopped to drink beer with friends in the middle. Did you know dos equis helps make you the most interesting man in the world?



Stay thirsty my friends.

No comments: