Friday, September 18, 2009

Have A Nice Day and Other Stuff

Feeling the caffeine uglies a while ago, I rolled down to the vending machine for a bit of liquid refreshment. When I get there this is what I find…

So they had a batch of ‘Have a Nice Day’, but as you can see the light is on indicating that they are fresh out. Son of a bitch! I could have really gone for some have a nice day. Some selfish bastard came along and bought it all up for himself I bet.
Here I am stuck with at stupid Pepsi.
Speaking of stupid, here is a blog I wrote last week while I was banned. I saved it, you know, in case I ever got unbanned. Well, the man still has me in banned purgatory – but I can post, so here you go. I can assure you that it was much funnier when I wrote it last week. Don’t blame me. Blame the man.

I was out riding my bike the other day. Doing some intervals. Intervals in September. Why the hell am I doing intervals in September. It led to me reflecting on my racing season. It went something like this…
Interval
Breathing hard – intervals in September suck. Suck like when that time trial I trained for all winter got cancelled.
Interval
Breathing hard, and heart beating fast – then there was the first race when my teammate stopped to pee.
Interval
Breathing hard, heart beating fast, and sweating – that rescheduled tt would have gone better if I hadn’t stopped training for it when the original date was cancelled.
Interval
Breathing hard, heart beating fast, sweating, getting phlegmy – then there was Chicken Dinner. I was good for Chicken Dinner – till I got that flat tire.
Interval
Breathing hard, heart beating fast, sweating, getting phlegmy, and legs burning – Emmett-Roubaix, that was pretty good. Fun at least.
Interval
Breathing hard, heart beating fast, sweating, getting phlegmy, legs burning, and going a bit cross eyed – Then there was the left turn series, God I need to learn how to turn left better.
Interval
Breathing hard, heart beating fast, sweating, getting phlegmy, legs burning, going a bit cross eyed, and lung butter forming – State championship RR I lost to everyone who sprinted, but beat everyone who didn’t! Gotta learn how to sprint.
Interval
Breathing hard, heart beating fast, sweating, getting phlegmy, legs burning, going a bit cross eyed, lung butter forming, and back hurting – you train for months only turning left, then in the state championship crit they throw in a right.
Interval
Breathing hard, heart beating fast, sweating, getting phlegmy, legs burning, going a bit cross eyed, lung butter forming, back hurting, and holding head at an odd angle – forgot the LP200, that time handicap thing sucked ass.
Interval
Breathing hard, heart beating fast, sweating, getting phlegmy, legs burning, going a bit cross eyed, lung butter forming, back hurting, holding head at an odd angle, and going bleary eyed – I would have been happy with that state time trial championship if so many guys hadn’t gone faster than me.
Then I did some more intervals. Yes, intervals in September. One race left for me, the Snake River Handicap. Then what?
Not real sure, but I know there won’t be intervals involved for a while.

No comments: