Monday, September 14, 2009

Banned!?!

So I get this email the other day. Says my blog has been flagged as a SpamBlog, and that if it isn’t a spam blog I need to request that it be reviewed. WTF? What’s a spamblog? Perhaps anticipating this question (or maybe just dumb luck) there is a link on ‘request review’ page for what is a spamblog.

I follow it.

Up comes a page of gobbledygook. Two things jump out. First this sentence…
“Blogs engaged in this behavior are called spam blogs, and can be recognized by their irrelevant, repetitive, or nonsensical text, along with a large number of links, usually all pointing to a single site.”

Hmm.

Irrelevant – yeah, well, mostly I guess.

Repetitive - Well, yes. It is part of my shtick. It’s a small world after all.

Nonsensical – Check.

Large number of links – Nope, not me. Definitely not me. Links require research. Research requires effort. Effort requires will. My will for blogging is mediocre at best. So yeah, I don’t have a large quantity of links to one location, but it doesn’t sound like a bad idea.
Anyhow, the second bit that jumps out at me…

“The Flag as Objectionable button in the Navbar lets you notify us of problem blogs that you find, so we can review them and take appropriate action.”

Aaahhh! Now I get it. Someone could flag me as objectionable and perhaps trigger a review. I don’t know how it could happen, but maybe I ticked someone off? Maybe it was the other day when I encouraged karma to bite someone’s left nut. Maybe it was the time I made fun of fixie hipsters – ok, one of the times I made fun of fixie hipsters. Maybe it was the other day when I was not so nice in regard to cats, people are defensive about cats. Maybe it was the cheese eating, wine swilling reference a month or so ago. Maybe it was violin kid. Damn you violin kid.

Huh, blog flagging guy? How very Republican of you blog flagging guy – find an opinion or idea that you disagree with so you try to suppress it. May karma hunt you down ant bite your left, and, right nut (or equivalent).

If I am mistaken blog flagging guy, I apologize. May your nuts stay intact (or equivalent). Blogger, you are bitches.

By the way, how sweet would it be to have a job where you got to read blogs all day and decide if they were offensive. Blog reviewer guy. I think I may want to try that when I grow up.

1 comment:

Brent said...

Of course it could also be your header image.