Monday, January 4, 2010

On the (Band)Wagon

I gotta say, I picked a helluva time to get on the wagon. What with all the parties, celebrations, public displays of affection, and oh yeah – the Fiesta Bowl. I know it won’t be easy, but I made it my New Years resolution to not hate BSU football so much.

Don’t get me wrong, there will be no car flags in my future – I am just going to try not to hate BSU so much. And honestly, I don’t really hate BSU, I think their football team is pretty good, their coach in first class, and the school is much better than when I went to school there – it’s just the narrow minded fans that make me nuts.

So yeah, I am not going to make fun of the guy with 8 car flags. I am not going to hate on the dude with 13 bronco window stickers and 5 bronco magnets. I am not going to ridicule to people with blue and orange underwear. I am not going to paint my neighbors bronco rock black and gold. I will not continue to heckle narrow minded claims to national championships using BSU math.

Wait a minute. Maybe I better clarify. I am going to try not to do all that stuff.

Also, I am still reserving the right to make fun of the donkey who painted his house and fence blue/orange and made his front yard into a football field. That just ain’t right.

Ok, that’s that…

Excuse me.

I just threw up in my mouth.

Anyhow, go Broncos.

If the weather gets better and I can consistently ride my bike outside I think I will make it through this. Otherwise, well, otherwise.

Oh yeah. I am also resolving to make my blog about cycling at least some of the time. That would be novel.

Happy Fiesta Bowl Day everybody.

No comments: