Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Signs Your Town Doesn't Have Enough Parks

I have this cycling rain jacket that I bought for a buck. It really kind of sucks because I get almost as wet inside from sweat as I do outside from rain. A friend of mine used to call me 'rubber boy' because of it. But what the hell, it was only a buck, right?

I was looking for it the other day, you know, because it was raining. While looking for it I stumbled across this old news paper...



You can see it is kind of old. I have been saving it a while. Here is lower part of the page.



Recently we were in Boise and happened to see this live duck walking around this tree...

Wow! A live duck walking around a tree! Are you shitt'n me? You are right? Actually I would have been more impressed with a dead duck walking around the tree.

Nothing seemed to disturb this duck...


Apparently in Riggins, they are more used to disturbed ducks.

...we went in and asked about the duck.


I would have payed to be there to be asked about the duck. Really.

They did say it was not their duck. They didn't feed it and it came anyway.

I am pretty sure that these are the best two sentences in the history of newspapers. Hands down. Pulitzer stuff, that.

Yeah, I found the jacket too.

No comments: