Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Got Nuts?

I got this email today. It had a linky to this website, where you can get these…



Of course, this is just one style, you could be rocking several other styles as well.
At first I thought it was pretty sweet. I immediately envisioned myself powering through a time trial in the Tokyo style helmet with the Jazz Pink fabric. Because, you know, sometimes it is more important to look good than to be fast – and with that lid I would be looking good. Good indeed.

After some reflection, however, I think I may not be as attractive as lid models on the website. I know, self doubt is an ugly thing, but I really don’t know if I can pull it off. I think maybe covering up my balding head and ugly melon cover with some textile stylings may be a bit like wearing baggy shorts over the tops of your tights. You know how I feel about that.

I’m still not sure, I will need to cogitate on it for a while. Of course if I did decide that I had the intestinal fortitude to sport one of those, I would have to overcome the fact that the prices are in euros, and that I don’t know what a euro is worth. I am guessing a couple dollars at least, because it isn’t cheap to look good on a bike.

Speaking of having nuts, these deer don’t, but they found some in front of the building where I work.



They have been making frequent visits recently, eating all acorns. That probably pisses the squirrels off, but so it goes.

Yesterday, there was a buck with them. Of course I missed it, but some friends took pictures of some deer partaking in a little ungulate foreplay. If we don’t run out of nuts soon I think there may be some corrupting of deer morals right in front of our office. OMG!

Speaking of corrupt morals and deer in town what’s up with these wankers?


Its always a good idea to do some deer hunting at night with a flashlight and underpowered sawed off shotgun. Of course deer season is closed and you are right next to a subdivision, so it isn’t like you can ‘hunt’ during the day with a rifle.

Asshats.

For the life of me I can’t figure out how they didn’t get shot by Boise PD. It’s ok, they could have their hunting privileges revoked for 3 years – oh the horror, hunting by the rules obviously means so much to these guys.

At least they weren’t hunting in front of my office…

No comments: