Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Few Loose Ends

A friend sent me this the other day…



Tragic and a bit disturbing.

Note to self - if you ever drive into a pond, calling friends on your celly is not an effective method of rescue. Unless maybe the pond is in said friends backyard. Try something else. Anything else.

Another friend sent me this…

… two Nevada college students struggled to stay calm after a drunk driver allegedly tore into their home, ripping them from their slumber.

Allegedly, you know, because they may have imagined it. Ripping, nice verb selection, that’s painful to read.

…When you experience something like that there's no limits anymore

No limits in Nevada, Uh oh. Keep an eye on that guy.

Authorities say the motorist was drunk when he drove into the couple's home in Sparks, mistakenly believing it was the home of his ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend.
Eric Cross is accused of drunken driving, battery with a deadly weapon, possession of a stolen vehicle, driving without a license and careless driving for his alleged role in the crash, which occurred October 21, according to the Washoe County Sheriff's Office.


So the dude decides he is going to kill his ex by driving into her house with a car. He chooses to steal a Kia Rio to do the job? I mean really, a Kia? What, couldn’t you find a Subaru Justy? Asshat.

"I could see the tire to the right side and I was like, there's a car on top of me right now," he said. "That was really hard to get through my head."

Dude! I’m totally getting squished by a car! That is significantly below average.

Woods credited the slackness of the bed for preventing their legs from breaking altogether as the weight of the car pinned his girlfriend's entire body and his lower half to the bed.

Um, slackness? Slackness. Yeah.

"She was screaming really badly because I could actually move above my chest and neck, but she couldn't move anything," he said.

Screaming because, you know, its unfair. He can move his top and she can’t.
So the car is sitting on them. It comes about halfway up on him, but all the way over her head. Her head is about halfway up...

The couple calmed down somewhat after emergency workers arrived at the scene, using chainsaws to rip through the wall…

Check, soothing chainsaws. Remember that. It is the last time you will ever see it.

"When the car was lifted and you could see blood circulating back through my legs, that was probably the happiest moment of my life: Yes! I'm not paralyzed," he said.
"I was so happy, hugging everyone and making sure Kristin was all right," he said. "I was just real happy to get out of there."


Whoa! You had me at circulating.

Now there is something you don’t see every day.

2 comments:

Emma said...

I LOVE your blog. Morbid and real. Can I add a link to your blog on this new blog about bikes I'm starting with some friends? We're based in Melbourne Australia

Mike said...

Thanks, I appreciate it. Link away.

Mike