Monday, November 2, 2009

Butt to Mother-in-law

I just wanted to say that changing the time 2 times a year sucks ass. That’s all I have to say about that.

So the time changed. It takes a few days for my old body to adjust. I decided to ride my bike to work anyway.

It was a bit chilly this morning. I decided to ride my bike to work anyway.

When I went to get on my bike this morning I remembered that my back tire had worn through and I could see the casing underneath. I did ride my bike to work anyway, but not until after I put on a new back tire.

After I put the new rubber on the back I check the front. I decide to add some air.
I put the little presta valve to shraeder valve converter majig on the valve (because my pump works best if I do that). I put some air in the front tire. When I unscrew the presta to shraeder converter majig the whole entire presta valve stem thingy unscrews out of the valve. Air goes everywhere.

Damn it! I smile to myself as I think that I guess I am just going to have drive today. In the truck. The truck with the heater.

I am halfway back inside to change my clothes when I remember that I have like 8 bike wheels. Four of them are front wheels. Unfortunately none of them are Natty Light front disc wheels, but one of them does have a tire with air in it. I decided to ride my bike to work anyway.

About a mile from home I feel my phone ring (vibrate). Now where did I put that phone? Is it in the back of my wind vest? Nope. Is it in the back of my long sleeve jersey? Nope. Oh, there it is, in pocket number 9 in the short sleeve jersey underneath the long sleeve jersey, underneath the wind vest.

I really like to layer.

So yeah, by the time I get to pocket number 9 the phone isn’t ringing anymore. I check the caller ID and find it was my wife. There is a surprise. I get my hopes up that I may get to go back home and get in my truck (the warm one) because of some family issue.

I call my wife back. She asks me why I made a phone call to her parents so early in the morning.

Umm, butt? Was that you butt? Yup, squished between my lower back and my tremendously manly commuter bag, my phone decided to make a call. It called my inlaws and woke them up. That was kinda funny of my butt. Actually that was the second call of the morning for my butt. First it called someone I don’t know. Oops.

I decide to take the long gb way to work. If anymore funny business happened I didn’t want it to involve a car. It was pretty uneventful after that. Somewhere around Veterans Pond my toes started to hurt. I would have quit and went home but I was closer to work.

Around the zoo somewhere my hamstrings felt funny. It was right before I almost hit the duck. Damn ducks.

Anyway, I made it to work. My reward? Work. Oh yeah, then I get to do it all over again on the way home.

No comments: