Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Just Not Normal

You know how I remember that it is time to get a new drivers license? The lady at the airline check-in tells me the old one is expired. That is the system I have used the last two times anyway. I wouldn’t recommend it, but I honestly can’t think of a better way.

In case I wasn’t sure that the license was expired the TSA person re-inforced it – “did you know your drivers license is expired”, she asked. “That’s what I hear” was my response. She took it well, much better than the TSA person in Orlando on my way back when I used the same response to the same question.

Whats with those TSA people anyway? Do they recruit them that way or do they hire normal people and train them to be upity ass holes. Upity ass holes that don’t need brains because they have a long list of rules and regulations to do their thinking for them.

Or maybe its just being in an airport so much, it sucks your will to be normal. I mean, look at the passengers – you would think it was like floor seating at a concert the way people line up to get on a plane. They all disregard instructions to be the first to jam themselves into the aluminum tube. Or have you ever noticed all the sheeple at the baggage claim? Jamming themselves together as close to the outlet as possible, determined to be the first to grab their goods. God I hate that. Step back a bit, let the bags do the baggage dance, then step forward and claim yours when it presents itself. Eff people?!?

Then there is the plane itself. On my flight back from Orlando a dude in the row behind me went to the bathroom 4 times. Yeah 4 times in less than 5 hours. I know it was 4 times because every time he got up the little round woman behind me had to use my seat to leverage herself out of her seat – making it bend in most unconventional ways. Good times.

I would complain about the people who try to stuff their big bags in the overhead bins too, but I know they are just trying to avoid the sheeple at the baggage claim.

So anyway I was going to tell you about my vacation (it’s a small world after all) but I got a bit side tracked. Next time.

No comments: