Sunday, August 30, 2009

Going to Hell

I just got back from a ride, and I gotta say, my neighborhood is going to hell. On my cool down loop around the block I saw some of my neighbors sitting on their lawn chairs in the garage smoking and drinking Budweiser.

If you spend your Sunday afternoons sitting in lawn chairs in your garage, smoking and drinking Bud - you might be white trash. I mean what? Was NASCAR not on?

What exactly do you do in while sitting in the lawn chair while smoking and drinking Bud? I imagine it is something like this...

Guy 1 - 'There goes Elmer all spandexed up again - you think he's gay?'

Guy 2 - 'Don't know, pass me a Bud'.

Guy 1 - 'I'm pretty sure he is. You don't wear spandex and ride a bike if ya ain't. Get yer own damn Bud'

Guy 2 - (Getting up to get his bud) 'Look, now Elmer is mowing his lawn'

Guy 1 - 'Yup, broke out the craftsman. Say, while yer up will ya get me a bud?'

Guy 2 - 'You think thats the 3.5 horse or the 4 horse? Here's yer Bud.'

Guy 1 - 'Can't tell. Sounds like the 3.5. Definitely the 20 inch cutting deck though.'

Guy 2 - 'Yup, good call. If he sold that bike I bet he could get himself a deere (john). Thanks.'

Yes, I am pretty sure it goes something like that. Just had to get that off my chest. Gotta go mow the lawn now. With the Craftsman 3.5 hp, 20 inch deck.

No comments: