Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring Break by the Numbers

Saturday

781.9 – miles between my house in Boise to the in-laws in Fort Collins.

17 – number of times my 5 year old son asked ‘Are we there yet’ or some iteration of ‘Are we there yet’.

5 – number of times my 29 year old wife asked ‘Are we there yet’ or some iteration of ‘Are we there yet’.

Sunday

8004 – feet above sea level at the top of a 13 mile climb during my training ride.

68 – degrees at 8004 feet above sea level.

14 – percent grade over the last mile of the climb

0 – number of times I stopped to pee during my 3+ hour ride.

Monday

52 – mile per hour sustained wind according to the weather guy.

34 – miles per hour. How fast you can go on a bike in a 52 mph tail wind without pedalling.

3 – number of times I had to watch ‘Dancing With the Stars’ over the week.

1 – the number of reasons a normal guy would watch ‘Dancing With the Stars’. If you have to
ask you are not normal.

Tuesday

132.96 – miles from the in-laws to the grandparent in-law house in Colorado Springs.

5 – the number of times my 5 year old son had to ask ‘Are we there yet’ before my father-in-law blew his top.

1 – the number of times I winked at my son to let him know I was proud of him.

3:49 – the length of the Creed song ‘Bullets’ which played at the Red Top burger place and made my in-laws cringe. I told them Creed was a religious group, and then it was ok. It was only a partial lie right? Scott Stapp’s dad was a pastor or something, saw it on VH1…

Wednesday

60 – the temperature during my ride of the 2008 Collegiate National Championship Road Race course.

347.5 – Estimated weight of the largest person I have ever seen on a road bike, whom I saw during my ride this day.

27.3 – Estimated speed of the 347.5 lb woman I saw riding a road bike today. Seriously. She had to be a code 350, and she was flying. I am just glad I was going the other way. She would have passed me. Most of you know how I feel about being passed.

0 – the number of times I stopped to pee during my 2.5 hour training ride.

100 – the number of watts I produced on the stationary bike at the Fort Collins Discovery Center to light up the light bulb. It felt more like 500.

4 – the number of shingles I had to help my father-in-law replace on their ‘manufactured home’.

Thursday

8 – number of inches of snow that fell at the in-laws house.

16 – inches of snow that fell in some other nearby locations.

2 – the number of times I watched ‘Bolt’. It was good. Both times.

2000 – the amount of rent you owe when you land on the Great Dane (Boardwalk) when It has a large bone (motel) in Dog-opoly. I know, I owned it.

4 – the number of times the in-laws watch the news each evening. 5, 5:30, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, 9:00, 10:00.

2 – the number of news stories repeated over and over in every news cast. Blizzard 2009, and Where is Jay Cutler.

Friday

4.5 – the number of miles I put in on the treadmill. Running still sucks.

12:30 – the start time of the first showing of Monsters vs Aliens. Good show.

10 – approximate number of times per week they have dessert at the in-laws house.

3.5 – the number of pounds I gained in 1 week at the in-laws.

Saturday

781.9 – miles between the in-laws in Fort Collins to my house in Boise.

11 – number of times my 5 year old son asked ‘Are we there yet’ or some iteration of ‘Are we there yet’.

2 – number of times my 29 year old wife asked ‘Are we there yet’ or some iteration of ‘Are we there yet’.

No comments: