Monday, March 30, 2009

Birding

So I was going to blog about my spring break trip today, but on my way to work I got distracted. See, I saw a guy on a bike flip the bird to a car. The strange thing was that it wasn’t me doing the flipping or getting flipped – that doesn’t happen often.

It was interesting to see a different style of birding than my own. Usually I go for the uppercut kind of bird – starting low and swinging up in an arc, like BOOM! Up the butt! I usually enhance the motion with a little chaser of choice expletives.

The guy this morning had a completely different style. He started the bird at the top and dropped her into place at about chest level, when he got to chest level there was like a little bounce to lock it in for emphasis. I didn’t see or hear any expletives, but he did have a nasty look on his face. Not bad. You have got to respect other styles of birding.

A little further down the road I get behind Cadillac with a Harley-Davidson window sticker. No better way to advertise that you ride a motorcycle in penny loafers on the weekend when the weather is nice, and call yourself a biker. Note to window sticker dude, real bikers don’t have window stickers – in fact, they don’t have windows (or cars attached to them).

Ugh. I have got to get the commuter bike rolling again…

No comments: