Friday, January 2, 2009

Sporty Spice

So I have been going to the gym ever since I retired from bike riding in September. I have found it pretty interesting because there is a whole new group of people to stereotype. I have refrained from blogging on it to this point because it is really somewhat common and mundane – but now, now I can’t help myself.

Today was my first day at the gym in 2009. Holly crap! Apparently lots of people make resolutions to go to the gym or lose weight because there are like twice as many people there now.

Twice as many women on the ‘butt sticky outty machines’.

Twice as many guys standing in front of the vanity mirrors admiring and winking at themselves.

Twice as many people on the ‘I’d run but it hurts my joints machine’.

Twice as many people in the ‘I like to look at other people exercise classes’.

And yes, twice as many people in the ‘I’m to soft to ride a bike outside in the cold’ classes.

Not only are there twice as many people, there are famous ones too. Today in the ‘I’m too soft… class’ I saw a spice girl. So there we all were riding in the dark, spinning along, and in walks a spice girl.

It’s dark you say, how do I know it’s a spice girl?

She smelled strongly of oregano.

It’s dark you say, how do I know it’s a girl?

The only guys I know that smell like oregano aren’t exactly the gym type.

Ah yes, another brush with fame. Happy 2009!

No comments: