Thursday, January 15, 2009

Prodigal?

So I got a call from my wife yesterday…

Wife – ‘Did the school call you?’
Me – ‘Um, no’
Wife – ‘Your son ate some glass’
Me – ‘Wow, really?’


Then there was some discussion about doctors, and hospitals, and having your guts ripped out from the inside.

It seems my son was playing a game. The game had a broken marble in it. My son decided to eat it. When he chewed it up the teacher heard the crunch…

Teacher – ‘What are you eating!’
Son – ‘A marble’
Teacher – ‘No really, what are you eating’

I know it all sounds rather disturbing, and yes, I guess it is disturbing – but at least he chewed it first right? Actually, I am kind of relieved. Lately my son has proven to be way too intelligent to be related to me – but this marble eating incident is a strong indicator that he may indeed be related to me.

Besides, my son has a tendency to say and do things just to mess with other people – just to see them get worked up. I am not sure where he gets that from.

I was thinking about taking a marble and hitting it with a hammer, then putting the pieces in a little plastic baggy with some chocolaty brown residue – and then sending it back to school with a note – ‘Here is your marble back, I apologize for the inconvenience’. You know, just to see what happens.

No comments: