Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Where Did All the Anger Go?

I still ain’t feeling it. Blogging that is. Maybe it will get better when I can ride my bike outside more.

I commuted to work today. First time outside on a bike in 2 weeks. I saw one dude on the greenbelt, and guess what – he wanted to race. Now there is a surprise. Everyone on the greenbelt wants to race me, what’s up with that.

So it is yellow jacket guy. Everyone knows yellow jacket guy. Most cyclists have been yellow jacket guy – I think that they issue yellow jackets with tights at some places. I have a yellow jacket… But anyway. This is yellow jacket camelback guy. He sees me coming when I am 100 yards back or so and drops the hammer.

What the hell, I just want to get to work without falling off. I seem to have mis-judged the icy-ness this morning and this dude is defending the greenbelt like his jacket is the freaking yellow jersey.

Despite his narrow ‘I like to go fast on my mountain bike’ tires, and his hunkered over rocking back and fourth effort I catch him without changing speed. Passing is another matter though, as he digs for another gear as I approach – not to mention the miscellaneous icy patches that I have to go over and around while I pass…

I say good morning as I pass. He grunts. Happy New Year indeed. Effer.

There, I feel better now.

No comments: