Friday, January 9, 2009

Tour de Videos

I can’t believe it! I am a little distraught in fact. Star Wars really does suck.

You see it’s that time of year when I spend all to much time riding my bike on my trainer, parked in front of the tv watching movies. I almost always start off my Tour de Videos with the 2003 Tour de France, move on to the Lord of the Rings trilogy, throw in some Lost episodes, maybe an Austin Powers here or there…

Well this year I got the original Star Wars trilogy for my birthday, so I added it in the mix. Like most people my age I grew up loving Star Wars. I had the action figures, t-shirts, posters, underwear – you name it. I even had a group of friends that used to play Star Wars together – I was Luke, Tom was Han Solo, Greg was Chewbacca, we even had a girl to play Leia – Christie. I liked it so much that It made me sick when I found out Leia was Lukes sister – oooo, having the hots for your sister!

Anyhow, finished watching the trilogy last night. Couldn’t help to notice that, well – it sucked. Luke can’t act. Chewbacca can barely walk. Darth Vader has a huge head.C3PO is a dude in a suit.

Some things I wouldn’t have noticed if the second trilogy hadn’t come out. Like Luke is a crappy Jedi – the red headed devil guy in the new movies would have lopped off both his arms before he could even wine or be scared. If storm troopers are supposed to be clones shouldn’t they all be the same size?

Ah hell, I don’t know. At least one thing hasn’t changed – Princess Leia is still hot in her slave outfit.

No comments: