Tuesday, June 1, 2010

High School Afflictions

I realized about halfway through the A’s that I really need a data plan for my cell phone. Yes, high school graduations may very well be why God invented the mobile internets. Or was that Al Gore? Or maybe Google. I’m not sure who made what anymore.

It’s not that I find graduations boring, you know, they just make me feel listless.

Yeah, I figure I have about 4 years to get myself some mobile internets before the next time I go to a high school graduation – when my nephew graduates.

Not that high school graduation is the only time I would need mobile internets. I mean, what if sometime I was a sign wiggly guy for Vaughn Ward…



Yeah, a little mobile internets would be good then too. I would call this a sign wiggly guy fail, but relative to the rest of the campaign it may be a success.

Anyway, so there I am at graduation. Listless. I decide to read the program, you know, because I didn’t have a book. I surf through all the names and draw a blank on people that I might know. Other than my niece. I should mention that – it was my nieces graduation.

And actually, I kind of think that with the proper environment and support anyone can graduate from high school – so graduation is more for the environment providers and supporters than the students. So it was more like my brother-in-law's graduation.

I always knew my brother-in-law was a supporter. I just wasn’t sure he could graduate high school.

Yeah, so, anyway. I get to the faculty section of the program. Thinking my chances of knowing someone in that list are better than my chances of knowing someone in the student list – me being old as hell and all. I didn’t know anyone, but I did find this gem…



Yes ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Roc Cox. Who let the students edit the graduation program?

I thought that roc cox was an affliction that you had while in high school, not a teacher. I know I had it off and on for like three years.

I would have googled it (roc cox), but, you know, I didn’t have any mobile internets.

No comments: