Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Betty on the Back

In anticipation of the many painful hours I may be spending on my time trial bike this weekend I got myself a new bike seat. It looks like this…



Yeah, I know it is a cheap nastybar brand seat, but really, I ride that bike like three times a year so why should I spend a fortune on a nice seat? Besides, honestly, the bike is sorta a piece of shit – I mean, don’t tell it – but it’s not even a real time trial bike. Just a road bike with funny handlebars.

Putting a sweet Fizik seat on it would be like dropping a racing bucket seat in a Plymouth Neon, or maybe even putting a whale tale on a Chevy Cavalier. I mean, you can do it but whats the point.

Its kind of long and has a big knob end on it. The new seat. The new seat is a little long and has some extra padding on the front to protect my delicate taint while sitting in the tt position. It actually kind or reminds me of the banana seat on my first Huffy. That was bad ass. In a way I have come full circle back to the banana seat.

Speaking of banana seat I saw this the other day…



Yeah and speaking of full circle check out the nice steering wheel handlebar the wheelie kid is rocking. Not to mention all the space for a Betty on the back. Those were the good old days - banana seats, wheelies, no helmets, and racing lawn mowers.

No comments: