Monday, June 7, 2010

Getting My Crap Together w/ Motorized Doping?

Twas the night before LP200 and all through the house, not a creature was stirring – except for me trying to get my crap together. How much crap you may ask? Well, as much as will fit in my bag – duh. That’s how much stuff I take everywhere, regardless of where I am going and what I am doing.

I have a taking crap places problem. If it fits, it goes.

That’s why I am a terrible backpacker, which is somewhat surprising because I was a professional backpacker once. I think I was supposed to be counting fish in the wilderness area – but I was backpacking more than counting, so the way I figured it I was a pro backpacker and part time fish counter guy.

Those were the days. De-hydrated food, miscellaneous blisters and boils, bears, moose, and mountain lions – oh my. And of course the crew member who couldn’t read a map.

So yeah, it was the night before LP200, but now it is like two days after the LP160something. I have some stuff to say about that, but it’s gonna hafta wait – because I wanted to talk about this stuff last week but didn’t get around to it because, you know, I was jamming stuff in my bag for the LP200. Maybe tomorrow I will write about the LP160 something, or maybe the next day. Definitely before Friday.

Have you seen the recent bit about motorized doping in cycling? It is especially nice. The video is in bitter Italian, but there are English subtitles.



So, I don’t know about you, but the first thing I thought was “I gotta get me one of those”! I mean, I have seen motorized doping before – but it was nothing like that.

What I saw looked more like a weed eater engine strapped to a bike. Actually I think it was a weed eater engine strapped to a bike. I was rocking down the gb on my way home one day and come up behind this dude. I knew something wasn’t quite right because – you know, there was a weed eater engine strapped to this guys bike. When I passed him he gave me the look and gunned it. Yeah, I think I wrote about it when it happened. It is over there somewhere -> in my history of angryness.

Anyhow, this new version seems much better. It made me want to have one – which made me think it may be an advertisement, or maybe a precursor to an advertisement. You know, develop a product – find a bitter ex-racer, accuse a high profile rider of cheating – then sell your product on the internet.

By the way, did you hear Al Gore is getting divorced? Go figure. Apparently trying to save the world isn’t so good for your marriage.

Sorry. Yeah. The only questions I had about the video is why didn’t they use Greg LeMond, and where can I get one.

As far as Fabian Cancellara is concerned, well, the only thing I have to say about him is that I thought he was pretty good in ‘Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs’.




That's the same guy right?

The other thing is that he looks enormous next to other bike racers – but in real life he is only slightly larger than a supermodel podium girl with roaming eyes. He probably weighs like a buck sixty.



OK, Bye. I’ll work on that LP160something entry.

No comments: