Thursday, May 27, 2010

Remarkably Unremarkable

My bicycle commute continues to be remarkably unremarkable. I hate to say it, but it is even bordering on the mundane. What the hell.

That’s it.

What the hell.

I have been seeing a lot of people rocking the gb with faces that look like this…



Some of them are in the process of discovering that the cute 50 pound cruiser bike they bought isn’t the most efficient choice for commuting. Its hard to look cute with a look like this on your face.

Others, well others are training hard for the Tour de France. Because, you know, the gb is the best place for training. I almost got taken out the by one the other day, I am pretty sure it was Lance Armstrong – because he was sporting a US Postal kit. Yeah, helps you understand why the Bike Nazi hates dudes that wear spandex.

Speaking of US Postal, apparently they were all doping. Go figure. Them, everyone in the NFL, professional wrestling, and Rush Limbaugh. Everyone except Tyler Hamilton – he has bits of a long lost twin inside him.

Note to Tyler, now would be the time to come clean and pile on.

I have been seeing this guy a bunch lately…



I don’t know if you can tell by the picture but dude always looks like his body wants to go left, but his bike wants to go straight. I am pretty sure he is a Republican, like Vaughn Ward – who wants to go left so bad that he steals Obama speeches – but keeps being carried to the right.



Too bad that guy lost the other day.

Right. Anyway. I call him the sidewinder. The guy on the bike, not Vaughn Ward. And not to his face, mind you – just in my head. I say to myself “self, there is that sidewinder guy again”. I call Vaughn Ward something different.

Strangely, I know sidewinder guy in a Kevin Bacon sort of way. We used to work in the same place and have some mutual friends. His name is, uh, sidewinder guy.

Ugh, here is hoping that I see something strange and wonderful soon.

No comments: