Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Not So Wiley

I changed the name of one of my dogs recently. She used to be little black dog (lbd), but she isn’t really little anymore so I had to change it. Now her name is The Black Pooper, or The Black Crapper if you are so inclined. I think it is much more accurate on so many levels, and really, funner to say.

Yeah, I know, funner isn’t a word. But then, I just wrote it, and you just read it – so what is it?

Speaking of poopers the latest rage in Boise seems to be putting up fake, um, coyote – things to allegedly scare away geese. We got a few at work a while back. It seems some important people would prefer not to step in goose poop. Yup, more geese is better – more goose crap? Not so much.

But anyway, so yeah, we got a couple of these bad boys…



Note some smart ass customized this one with a tongue. No, it wasn’t me. Smart assedness abounds at my place of employment.

I also wanted to mention that I pretty much had to wade through goose shit to get the picture.

Nice huh? Well yeah, I know, not really. Doesn’t even look like a coyote. More like an African wild dog if you ask me. That, or maybe the hound of the Baskervilles – that’s what comes to my mind every time I see the damn thing. The Hound of the Baskervilles.

I was riding my bike home the other day and saw some custom coyotes at the water treatment plant along the gb. First, there was this one…



Which I really think looks like a moose. A moose or a strangely erotic coyote. Wouldn’t it be great if all the fake coyotes backfired and started attracting really annoying things like, well, coyotes. Or wolves. That would be sweet.

I wonder how many hits my blog will get from because I just said erotic coyotes.

So they also had this one…



I guess this one looks pretty good. Kind of fat, but otherwise very much coyote-ish.

The last one creeped me out…



I’m not sure if it is the strangely pointy nose, the devil like pointy ear – horn things, or the feet, which to me look a lot like hooves.

I don't know if it works on geese, but it did work on me. Gave me the heebeegeebees - hopped on the bike and left. It's like an ancient indian burial ground or something.

I do know they don't work on deer. A co-worker took a nice picture of some browsing deer standing by one of our coyotes today. I would show you, but that would be like pirating - and lord knows, I wouldn't do that.

The coyotes are coming! The coyotes are coming!

No comments: