Friday, May 16, 2008

May in Myopia 3: Safety Guy

So I’m riding my bike home last night and come up behind a guy that is clearly commuting, but isn’t all that comfortable being on the road.

He is riding all the way to the right, in the gutter – so close to the curb I don’t know how his pedals were not hitting.

He has his bike lights on even though it is clear and sunny.

He is sporting one of those fluorescent vests.

He probably had one of those helmet rearview mirrors – but honestly I didn’t notice.

That’s all good. Safety first after all. The disturbing thing is that when we get to Eagle Road. 5 lane 75,000 cars a day Eagle Rd. 60 mph Eagle Rd. Heavy truck traffic Eagle Rd. Dude tries to cross against the signal.

I am guessing his flashing red light and cute vest are not going to help him when he roles out in front of a truck going 60 through his GREEN light.

Freak’n moron.

No comments: