Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Wonderer

Sometimes I wonder. Sometimes I wonder how many times I would have to ride my bike over a section of sod before I made a trail. That’s what I wonder about sometimes.

Actually I do a little more than wonder. There is this section of sod that I ride my bike across every chance I get, trying to make a trail. I haven’t made a trail yet. Not even close. Hence, I wonder.

Normally I wouldn’t condone, much less actually take part in riding bikes across sod in an attempt to make a trail. It’s kind of a nasty habit. But sometimes I just need to be a hypocrite.

There is a park near my house. I ride through it on my commute home, it makes my ride a little safer and shorter. In the past I used to take great pains not to make a trail, but then sprinkler guy tried to get me wet. Now I must make a trail in his grass.

On my ride home several months ago, the dude saw me coming and ‘chased’ me across the park by turning sprinkler sections on and off. Bastard. Would have got me if he were smart enough to skip a section ahead. As it was the sprinklers started up too slow to get me.

That’s why I wonder sometimes.

No comments: