Friday, February 6, 2009

Super Reflections

I am like a huge Pittsburgh Steelers fan. Not big enough to wear blue and orange t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, boxers… Not enough to put stickers, magnets, flags, and license plate holders all over my car… not enough to buy a special blue and orange rock to put in my front yard… not enough to camp out in a blue and orange tent, and sit in my blue and orange chair, and cook on my blue and orange grill.


Yes I really like the Steelers, but not enough to do all that stuff.


So it was with great emotional investment that I watched the Super Bowl the other day. I come away from the best Super Bowl ever with a few lasting memories…


What the hell is the infatuation with Kurt Warner’s wife? Why do they have to show her every time he does something good. I mean really. They did the same thing like ten years ago, the last time his team did good. Furthermore, why does she look better now than 10 years ago – that just ain’t right. What did she look like when he threw that TD to James Harrison at the end of the first half – show me that.


Then there is the religion thing. Yes, we all know Kurt Warner is a good Christian and therefore an excellent human being and a great role model. Enough already. When the Cardinals scored to take the lead Roethlesberger put on his helmet and went to work – then the Steelers came back to take the lead what did the role model do? Swear and throw his helmet. What Would Kurt Do.

1 comment:

Brent said...

Aren't the Steelers Black and Yellow? Or are you colorblind too?