Thursday, July 31, 2008

Random Thoughts With Melmer

I miss the Tour de France. I miss the countless hours of cycling on tv. I miss guessing which Frenchy will go on a suicide break each day. I miss guessing which doper will get caught, and which doper will win and not get caught. I miss the Bacardi mojito commercial, I really miss the Bacardi mojito commercial. I don’t miss the repetitive SAAB commercial – like playing the damn thing every 5 minutes wasn’t enough, they have to repeat themselves 3 times within every commercial. Excruciating – born from jets indeed.

I flipped a guy off yesterday. I got a flat tire within 10 minutes. Five birds, five flats.

Also on my ride home yesterday the greenbelt ugliness achieved an all new level. Minding my own business, roll around a corner and there is a hippo in the middle of the greenbelt – oops, my bad – it’s a fat dude – in the middle of the trail – bent over messing with his shoe – a full 6 inches of hairy ass crack exposed. Aargh, that’s just wrong. I held my breath and squeezed around on the side. Oh the horror. Why me?

I wonder how beer tastes out of a water bottle. I think I need some.

After all the trauma yesterday, and a little stomach uneasiness over night I drove to work today. It was an interesting change. When I drove past Fred Meyer I noticed a single wide trailer in the parking lot with a sign on it that said ‘Pharmacy Open’. Nice. In Garden City too. Perfect.

Speaking of perfect, I also noticed the St. Lukes hospital downtown has the biggest smoking area in town. It’s disturbing how many doc’s and nurses there are out there. It’s like a lung cancer staging area.

No comments: