Thursday, July 24, 2008

Umm, OK?

So I saw this commercial the other day – well actually I saw this commercial several times the other day (thank you VS network for mind numbing repetitive marketing). The commercial is for something called the ‘Gold Kit’. You call a special number, someone sends you a big puffy envelope, you stuff all your gold into it, and then they send you money.

Umm, OK. Voluntary robbery by mail. I know, why don’t I send you my bank account information too so you can direct deposit my windfall. What? You need my credit card info to charge a small processing fee – OK. I have some silver too – do you take that? Diamonds? OK.

Unbelievable. You know even if it were legitimate, I’m thinking it might not be a good idea to stuff my heirlooms in a big ass envelope labeled GOLD KIT and then put it in the mailbox. Wonder if any of those get lost.

Got to give them some credit though – if I were going to advertise something that ludicrous on tv it would be on VS, the Ultimate Fighting/Bull Riding network. They got their target audience nailed.

No comments: