Monday, February 28, 2011

Jesus Drives a Honda

Well the numbers all aligned for me today. After months of not riding my bike to work the numbers all combined to force me to start rocking the gb again.

Yup. First gas got expensive again. Then I got fat again. Either that or I got fat then gas got expensive – I’m not sure which happened first. I’m not sure if there is a relationship. Right, so I won’t bore you with the details, you care as much about my gas expenses and fatitude as I care about the watts you put out on your last training ride (that is somewhere between very little and not at all).

What is freaking awesome though is that I am now again sharing my commute with miscellaneous freaks and deviants in the bike lanes and bike paths of Boise. That pretty much rocks.

Yeah, my wife told me I should take a gun. I would be lying if I said I hadn’t considered it in the past, but guns are heavy and they just don’t go that well with spandex... “Is that a gun in your shorts or are you just happy to see me?”... Um, that would be a gun. Besides, ammunition is expensive so that would cancel out any financial benefit of not driving. I could take a knife or maybe throwing stars but my ninja skills are somewhat questionable.

So rocking to work today I noticed it had been a long freaking time since the last time I rode to work. So long in fact that there was a bridge today where there didn’t used to be one. It had a dirt path around it where I had to go all dirtbag dash. That was, um, dirty. Nice, a new bridge. I was just thinking I needed another way into Garden City.

Yeah, that was nice but not as nice as the new sections of smoothness near Ann Morrison and Julia Davis Parks. That significantly reduced the jigglosity of the ride. Which is good, because I am rolling with some serious bouncitude.

Not to mention my newly acquired male tenderness.


Um, I saw this car the other day. The license plate says IAMKING. The license plate holder says Jesus is the king of kings (you are gonna hafta trust me).



Well that answers that question. Jesus is back. And he drives a Honda. Well duh, what else would he drive, a Prius? I think not.

He goes to church on 36th. That’s where he turned off. Jesus. Not a Prius.

I have seen some vain vanity plates before, but wow, really? I am guessing that if Jesus came back he wouldn’t need vanity plates to tell you who he was – but then I am no religious expert.

Sorry. Had to change the subject from male tenderness. Not going there again.

No comments: