Monday, February 14, 2011

It's Easy to Quit

So this weekend I rode my bike outside for the first time since, well, you know.

I started out and pretty much instantly realized that I was moderately uncomfortable. Since I was moderately uncomfortable I decided that I may as well ride with a group so I planned to intersect some folks I knew were out for a group ride.

I was successful at intersecting and rode moderately uncomfortably with them for a while until the ride notched up to fully uncomfortable at which point I turned around and went home. It’s easy to quit after you get kicked in the nuts.

Right, so I went home and rocked the low grade ‘I got kicked in the nuts’ feeling for the rest of the day. Of course, you know, I didn’t know if it was just a random ‘I got kicked in the nuts’ feeling or if it was a ‘I shouldn’t have ridden my bike; I got kicked in the nuts feeling’. Its hard to tell the difference between the two, except for one normally involves a bike ride.

Anyway, yeah, I wasn’t sure so I did it again on Sunday. This time without the group. I was just mildly uncomfortable all by myself. That was awesome. Except for that ‘I got kicked in the nuts’ feeling.

No comments: