Friday, July 30, 2010

It's a Trap

Now I’m no trapper survivalist guy, but I know a dead fall trap when I see one.



Actually, this is the first one I have ever seen. You know, other than the ones I tried to build when I was a kid to, um, ‘catch’ the neighborhood animals.

Don’t worry. I never really ‘caught’ any of them.

Yeah well, I am pretty sure they are using this one to get cyclists behind Ben’s Crow Inn. Ride fast and you should be ok. I suppose Parks and Recs would fix the dead fall trap, but they are too busy tearing up the gb in Boise.

I was rocking to work on the gb the other day and I see this little sign, it says ‘gb closed ahead’ – but it was all folded up on the side of the path so I thought surely it didn’t mean it. Then a little further there was another sign, it said ‘gb closed’ – but all the yellow tape and cones were in a pile over on the side so I thought surely that doesn’t mean closed for me. Then the path turned to dirt. It was kind of packed so I used my mad road bike on dirt skills to ride Roubaix section.

Well I rode the Roubaix section till I came around the corner and saw angry contractor guy with his heavy equipment. Me being the angry cyclist I was not intimidated by angry contractor guy, but I am intimidated by heavy equipment so I abandoned the gb and did the Tour de Parkinglots the rest of the way to work. The whole thing was a bit asshatish of me.

Anyhow, speaking of signs I saw this guy the other day…



Worst. Job. In. The. World.

Not only could you be replaced by a stick at any given time, you have to dress like banana.

But I guess times are bad so the banana should just be happy to have a job. I wasn’t aware just how bad it is until I saw a begger down town holding up an imaginary sign – yup, sitting on the corner holding up his hands as if there were a sign in it.

I would have taken a picture, but I was too busy dodging Jaialdi revelers. I think jaialdi may be Basque for ‘walk in traffic like an arrogant prick and just assume all the cars will stop for you’. That appeared to be what it meant to a lot of people downtown anyway.

No comments: