Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Here We Go Again

So at the end of last cycling season I resigned from all of my bike racer herding responsibilities with my bike club. It seems that bike racers are a bit like cats, and as you may know I don't like cats, and I especially don't like herding them.

As part of giving up cat herding responsibilities I also gave up organizing a team for the Lyle Pearson 200. I have continued to race my bike this year, I am just not herding. And, as luck would have it, someone else invited me to be on their LP200 team.

Its coming up soon you know, the LP200. I am not sure how it is gonna go. See when I was doing the herding the first thing I did was choose 3 other riders that were at least 3 times better than me. It usually worked out pretty good, I let someone else ride all the hard sections - and just followed someone else in the easy sections. I was golden.

Well this year the fellows I am riding with are only 1.5 to 2 times better than me. I am a bit afraid that I may have to ride up a hill or otherwise suffer during this race. That could suck.

I am not too worried though, because what these guys lack in betterness than me they more than make up for in cool and funkiness. Yeah, they are cool and funky and that makes for a cool and funky time. I am riding with Johnny Atmos, WC, and Stinky.

Because there has to be a stinky in every group.

I just made that up.

I may come up with something better later. Two hundred miles is a long freak'n ways to ride bikes.

No comments: