Friday, May 7, 2010

Of Badassedness

I have a new favorite professional cyclist. My favorite used to be Chechu Rubiera because of his selflessness and badassedness. Well, my new favorite is Ben Day. He makes Chechu look like a twinkie.

See, I read this article on VeloNews the other day called “Ben Day’s Unwanted Passenger”. It was probably the best thing I have ever read on VeloNews. I mean, besides the junk they put there on April first right?

Yeah, Mr. Day raised and nurtured a tapeworm and didn’t even know it. That’s pretty badass. What is more badass is that he harvested it himself. You gotta be tough to do that, then refer to the event like this…

“I had a dangler,” Day said. “I had to pull it out. It was three or four feet long, at least…”

I bet that was probably the first time ever that someone referred to a tapeworm as a dangler. Not that he has to call it a dangler because he named it William. If you pull a tapeworm out of your bum then name it you are a pretty sturdy dude. I think anyway.

Then he proved his fortitude by going for a training ride. Then racing the Tour of Gila. All while leaking out both ends.

Of course he is Australian. I’m not sure, but from what I have seen and heard Australians are the toughest bastards on the planet. Yup, them and the guy that cut off his arm when he got trapped in the canyon in Utah. But then, he didn’t have a tapeworm.

Anyhow, yeah, Ben Day – my new favorite cyclist.

Speaking of badass someone implied a while back that my fb profile pick makes me look like I would fit in well in the alternative lifestyle district in The City. You know, THE City, San Francisco. Yeah, I did read that.

My first thought was that you probably shouldn’t be able to post on fb or twitter at 1 a.m. from a bar on your phone. Nothing good can come from that. There should be an app for that.

Ultimately though, I decided I am good with that. I mean, its not how I role, but yeah, I am a sexy bitch. Yeah, I guess if I fit in with the alternative lifestyle crowd I guess I am ok with that.

I’m ok with it, but that doesn’t mean there won’t be retribution – because, you know, that is how I role. I am just waiting…

No comments: