Thursday, December 10, 2009

Of Rocks and Trainer Time

Do you ever feel like a rock.? A rock in a river and the water running by is time and the sediment and other stuff in the water are the events in your life and that they contact you for just a moment and that even though only in contact for a moment they take a small piece of you away with them so that eventually there will be nothing left of you but a collection of events downstream in time and that the rocks around you are your friends and family that you try to stay close to but sometimes the other rocks get picked up for someones special collection and you don’t see them again and other times the water rises and there is a big flurry of events and when the water comes back down again some of your friends and family have been washed a little ways away so they aren’t as close as they used to be or maybe it is you that got washed away and other times the water goes down slowing down time and you are able to stick your head out of the water and look around with clarity for a little while but then the water goes back up? Do you ever feel like that?

Yeah, me either.

That’s what happens when you ride the trainer in your garage and your garage tv is not digital. And your DVD player is broken. You think about rocks.

Also, I am not a big fan of talking about the weather because it is what it is. Nevertheless (notice I didn’t use but), yesterday was the first time ever that I thought maybe I should have worn tights while I was riding my trainer. It was the first time I have worn gloves while riding my trainer.

No comments: